11 Did-You-Know Car Facts about the US:
- There are about 250 million cars on the road.
- Of those cars, 80% are out of warranty.
- The average age of a car on the road is 11.4-years old.
- 62% of millenials don’t have sufficient savings to cover an unexpected $500 car repair.
- The average cost of a car repair in 2013 was $392.
- Using a simple, free app can reduce your long-term vehicle ownership costs; regular maintenance will almost surely save you some hefty repair bills in the long run.
- Only about 87% of people wear seat belts.
- Adults age 18-34 are less likely to wear seat belts than adults 35+ years old.
- Seat belts reduce serious crash-related injury and death by about 50%.
- In 2012, driver distraction was the cause of 18% of all fatal crashes, and crashes resulting in an injury.
- Text messaging while driving creates a crash risk 23X worse than driving while not distracted.
If you’re on the road and you’ve got car troubles, use Openbay to compare pricing and book service with quality shops in your area through Openbay.